Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June Pinterest Pick 3


School is over in t-minus 3 days y'all! That means I get to start getting my "crafting/decorating/reading/everything else I'm too busy to do during the school year" on!


I'm a self-confessed dumpster diver. No, I don't actually get IN the dumpsters. But if there's something near the dumpster that's in decent shape or something I could work my magic on, odds are I'm going to put in my trunk. This happened a couple weeks ago. Someone left some wooden bed slats (sort of like pallets) and I grabbed them. One of my favorite crafty things to do is refinish furniture. My mom wants a shelf like this for her bathroom-those slats will be perfect for it!






It's not really a secret of mine that I don't know how to cook. I blame it on my mother, who was the queen of her kitchen and never let me help (thanks Mom). Plus, I despise washing dishes. Plus, I'm a huge klutz and either cut or burn myself when I attempt to cook. Even with all that against me, I do like to try every once in a while. As long as it's something easy. This is one thing I'm going to try soon. It requires one pot and about 20-25 minutes. And it basically cooks itself. What's not to love about that?!






I just started getting back into running. My goal is to be able to do a 5K without having to stop, working my way up to a 10K and so on. I may not follow this plan exactly since I'm not technically starting from scratch, but it will help me gauge my improvement.






5 comments:

  1. Love the bathroom shelf! Thanks for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Destiny,
    I hope the shelf for your mom comes out great! You are very talented to be able to turn trash into treasure!
    Happy summer!
    Michele
    Triple the Love In Grade 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shelf!! It would be really cute in a bedroom too!
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't cook much myself. My husband is the cook in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to LOVE to cook- not so much anymore! Thank you for sharing that recipe and linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete