Monday, June 1, 2015

Currently {June 2015}

Praise the Lord, it is FINALLY June!!! I know some of you think this school year went by fast but to me it just. dragged. on. and. on. I am ready for a much needed break to do nothing but sit by the pool or on my paddle board. 

So let's go to it, shall we??




Listening: I started playing this station at school for my students but have become quite addicted to it. Normally I have to have quiet when I'm working or studying but this doesn't bother me that much, except when it gets real intense- then I have to click "next."

Loving: I don't believe this needs any explanation! :)

Thinking: I love TpT. Really, I do. I've gotten so many great resources from it and met many wonderful people because of it. But it's kind of overwhelming. So many people are TpT creators now and so many of them are super talented. I think I just need to find my niche and get really good at that. All right, end of pity party.

Wanting: I have a decent HP laptop but I never use it because I always use my work computer. Then I starting thinking I really shouldn't be using my work computer for personal stuff. And normally, I'm kind of anti-Apple but I've heard the Mac Books are pretty good. It's on my summer to-do list.

Needing: Ok, I lied. I don't have a summer to-do list. Yet. I need to make one. I have a ton of things I need to do and I always feel more accountable for things if I write them down. Plus, it feels good to cross things out... < - - -   see what I did there??

Summer Lovin': I always love going to garage sales with my mom, aunt and grandpa...and summer for me is seriously about doing nothing. I enjoy the calm of nothingness- especially if I'm on or near the water.

This month's Currently has a special cause... As I'm sure you've heard, the Hill Country, (which like Farley, has a special place in my heart but for a different reason- I grew up here) has seen some tough weather and times recently. Farley is accepting donations for WAG, or Wimberley Adoption Group and Rescue. See her original post for more details and to donate. Our animals aren't just animals, they're members of our families. 





11 comments:

  1. Love your summer plans for relaxing near the water and garage sale adventures! Enjoy!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Destiny! I saved up and JUST bought my new Mac Book Pro! I am in LOVE! Good luck with your summer To-Do list and finding your niche! From the looks of your blog, you're on the right track :)
    Jillian
    The Starr Spangled Planner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fun reading your post! I so often write things down on my to-do list after I've done them...just so I can cross them out! If you're looking for a summer to-do list, I just posted a freebie for TpT sellers and teachers; you can find it here at: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Summer-Planning-Freebie-1878706. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling the same way about TPT! It's a goal for me this summer to get it up and running. Good luck!
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get that MacBookPro girl! You won't regret it ... and YES, doing nothing, preferrably at MY pool WITH me (and the dogs please!) :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just keep on keeping on with TPT and you'll get it! I look back at some of my early stuff and cringe, but I didn't know better and tried not to compare myself too much, and I am starting to see slow and steady progress! Be patient with yourself, you can do it :)

    Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Relaxing and doing nothing! That sounds absolutely delightful!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  8. We def. need to plan a lake weekend with the pups! & for the record I LOVE my mac..go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have a Mac, but I love my desktop- It's an HP Touch Smart and just looks pretty sitting on my desk! Now, that is a real reason for buying a computer, right? Jump right into TpT, but just know that it will be work and has a learning curve. If you do start working on products be sure you visit the Seller's Forum OFTEN! People there will save you with their wonderful advice! Good luck!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love classical music, too! I have Grofe's Grand Canyon Suite featured on my blog today. 😊 Once you get a Mac, you will LOVE it! I have a MacBook Pro and would never go back to a PC. My Mac is sooooo much easier to use! Have a fabulous summer! Carol's Teaching Garden

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so proud of you for being in top 10 ;)
    Get a Mac, don't go back!
    Can we please make plans to hang out this summer?! I need live music in my life ASAP! Okay, thanks!
    Cassie
    Mrs. Thomas's Class

    ReplyDelete