Saturday, May 2, 2015

Currently {May 2015}

It's May! It's May! It's May!

Can you tell I'm a little excited about it being May?? Only 23 instructional days left!! We can do it people!





Listening: I’ve never watched a whole episode of Planet Earth but now that it’s on Netflix I can! I love pretty much all animals and learning new things about anything so this show is one of the coolest I’ve seen in a while. Really makes me realize how much I’m missing out on seeing in the world…see below for more on that.

Loving: This adorable design you are feasting your eyes upon came to me and you by way of the talented Megan from A Bird in Hand Designs (also I Teach. What’s Your Superpower?).  I’ve recently become addicted to all things arrows so her clip art was perfect! I wasn’t sure I should even get a blog makeover since I’m not one who is diligent about blogging but I’m so glad I did! And you should too! And you should hire Megan! Thanks for doing such a great job as always friend!


Thinking: I’m reading this book right now and am only a couple chapters in but so far it’s been quite interesting. Obviously it’s all about habits, but more specifically why it’s so easy for some people to keep them and others so hard. It helps you create the best habits you’re most likely to keep by making you look deeper into your personality. Apparently I’m an Obliger…motivated by external accountability and resist inner expectations (ie: I never miss a work deadline but STILL have not organized some boxes from my move since no one is holding me responsible for it). Anyways, you should check it out if that sounds interesting to you!



Wanting: So many of the people I know are so lucky to have been able to travel and see the world. I don’t even have a passport! It sounds like an excuse, I know, to say that my single mom didn’t have the extra funds to send me around the world or that I had to put myself through college and couldn’t afford it. Heck, even now as a professional my funds are not great (hello teacher salary). But quite frankly, I’m so tired of hearing other people’s travel stories and want my own. Any tips on traveling on a budget?

Needing: I recently started running again since it's gotten warmer. I hate running on the treadmill- I'd much rather be outside. Besides who wouldn't like running around this lake with this view?



However, Austin is notorious for bad horrible traffic and sometimes I just don't want to deal with the hassle to get to the lake. I ran 3 miles on the treadmill last week for the first time in forever and now my knees are killing me. It's probably a combo of the treadmill and shoes that aren't made for running. So one weekend I'm going to a place here in ATX called Rogue Running to get fit for shoes. The last thing I need are two whacked out knees!

Summer Yes, Hope, Dream: I'm pretty sure most people's yes is VEGAS!! I'm so excited to be going and I have some of the best roomies around--Mrs. Decatur's Little Gators, ELA Everyday and Kayla in the Classrom and I are going to have a blast!

My hope this summer is to get my CHL. I've been talking about it for a long time but need to actually do it. 

I've mentioned my dream of traveling already. I have so many places on my bucket list I want to see, even just in the US. Might be hittin' up some out of state blogger meetups this summer! ;)



Go link up with Farley and see what other teachers around the country have on their minds!





8 comments:

  1. Hey Destiny! I love your blog, girl! And it was so nice getting to meet you a few days ago over google hangouts! You seem so sweet! I am also wanting a new blog design but I think I will do it this summer! Your blog is adorable!!!!! I hope I get to meet you in Vegas! Please put some pressure on Stephanie to come! :)
    Melissa from Mrs. Dailey's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Destiny!! I love your blog and Megan is amazing!! She did a great job :) Her digital papers are some of my fav :) Good for you for running, that view is beautiful! I wish I had the motivation to run ;) Wishing you a great summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful lake! I might even be tempted to run if I had that nearby. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog design! One of these days I will have mine redone and go with some softer colors! Right now I am still enjoying it! Get some good shoes for your running! I ran for years and my problem had to do with damage to my feet. I agree- treadmills are awful! Have a great May!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! Megan wasn't designing back when I had mine done. Maybe a makeover, hmmm. Can't wait to see you in Vegas!

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan did a fantastic job with your blog design! Hope you have a great month of May!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the new blog design!! It is amazing!!! Have the best time in Vegas. I am bummed to miss it but, hope I can read all about it :)

    Good luck with all the EOY stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new design. I am in need of one myself!

    ReplyDelete