Saturday, May 23, 2015

Erin Condren Teacher Lesson Planner

Planners have become all the rage these days...search #planneraddict on IG or Pinterest and thousands of posts will appear of people's decorated planners. Many of my teacher blogger friends have a planner of some sort, mostly Erin Condren ones. I decided to get a lesson planner because they were on sale plus I had a $10 gift credit.

The life planner is much more popular for teachers since most schools require their teachers to put their lesson plans on a certain template and upload them, so hand writing them seems a little redundant. I have to do the digital version as well but I went ahead and bought a lesson planner anyway. I chose this cover because I'm still pretty new to the blogging and TpT creating world. Since so many teachers have become bloggers and creators it can be overwhelming so I thought the message was perfect for me.


The first few pages include an All About Me page where you can write your demographical info, usernames/passwords and web resources; a Classroom Events and Volunteers page; and a Helpful Hints for the Substitute page (which I won't use because I leave separate plans for a sub).

Next you will find a list of national holidays and dates. 


I really like having a page for birthdays that I can easily refer to instead of having to go on the district intranet.


Then you have six pages for absences. I've never kept a paper record of student absences since again, most schools have online attendance, but since I have a place for them I'm going to try it out next year.


For the artistic type, there are eight pages of graph paper. I'll use a couple of these for planning out my classroom but I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest (probably just decorate in some way). The planner comes with a detachable ruler as well, which will come in handy for me since I can't even draw a straight line. :)



Next is your typical Year at a Glance spread.


Then comes the "meat" of the planner. You have all your months, each with a two-page calendar spread (the dates are left off so you'll either have to hand write them or order stickers, which is what I did) and three pages for notes. You can indicate which month you'd like to start on when ordering.

 
Each month has a cute little design- here are June and March.


You then have 40 weeks worth of lesson planning pages. The week number, subject/period/time and dates are left off so again, you'll have to hand write them or order stickers. I plan on ordering custom subject stickers and number stickers for the week but just hand writing the dates. 


The last 16 pages are Check Lists. You could use these for grades, to keep track of who has turned in permission slips, good behavior calls home...whatever.


A planner isn't a planner without some stickers and there are two pages of pre-labeled stickers at the back. They include: Reminder, Progress Reports Due, Benchmark, Testing, Computer Lab, Conferences, Library, First Day, Last Day (my favorite!), Emergency Drill, Field Trip, Observation (my least favorite), Assembly, IEP, Duty, Staff Meeting, Furlough and Holiday. You also get two pages of blank stickers in the same colors.


The last few things in the back are a two-sided pocket, a page protector and zipper pocket (you'll get some free gift tags and personalized stickers too).



Like what you see and want your own? You can get $10 off by clicking the picture below!




1 comment:

  1. Yea!!! Now you need washi tape and stickers!! We can have a planner decorating party :)
    BTW just LOVE that cover!!!

    ReplyDelete