Sunday, March 1, 2015

Currently {March 2015}

Well, hello March. It seems you took your sweet little time getting here! So glad you joined us! (Is it weird that I'm talking to a month of the year like it's a person? Probably, but like Dr. Seuss said, we're all a little weird.) :)


Listening: Everyone's over here like "Taylor Swift!" and I'm all like, "Adam Levine!" Seriously, who doesn't want to just break out and dance when you hear Sugar or Jagger or Maps?! (I frequently have dance parties while driving...). PS- If you don't have the album, and still like to buy actual CD's, Target has a Cartwheel deal for it now! So go get it and dance your little heart out!

Loving: Need I say more about this y'all??

Thinking: About what I'm going to do next school year. I'm not going to go into much detail so I'll just say I've been contemplating many different options and I'm still nowhere closer to making a decision.  I'm the type of person that likes to have a plan- the fact that I don't have a plan and that time is running out to make a plan is stressful for me. So I'm trying to keep this in mind.



Wanting: After doing really, really well on Whole 30 for about 20 days, I sadly crashed and burned, caving to that brightly glowing orange W-- (for you non-Texans, I'm referring to Whataburger) and pitifully blaming my failure on that stress I mentioned above. I might not have completed a whole round, but I did see a difference in how I felt during those 20 days. Before I attempt a new round, I want to be better prepared. These cookbooks and such will no doubt help me be more successful next time.







Needing: Now that I'm in grad school I have twice as much responsibility on my plate than normal. Throw in blogging and TpT creating and spending time with family and my dog and my brain starts spinning with everything I need to accomplish. It's forced me to be more efficient with my time but I still find myself in moments like this.


Spring Break Plans: As far as actual plans go, I hope to be on the Comal or Guadalupe River at one point with some of my awesome blogging buddies.  Explore Austin. Visit family. Play with the pup. I plan on hope to get ahead on lesson plans and grad school work. Kinda boring, I know, but boring is sometimes exactly what I need. 

Now I'm off to be productive and what not... ;) 


11 comments:

  1. I think it is great that you made it 20 days on the Whole 30- we tried the Paleo diet last year, but didn't make it very far. Stress can sometimes get the better of us... hope that whatever decisions you are making come smoothly for you!
    By the way- I think the link you posted on Farley's link up is for your blog preview- I couldn't comment, so I just googled your blog.
    Have a good week!
    Kim
    Curriculum and Crayons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thank you for telling me! I have no idea how to change it :( Guess I'll just have to link up again.

      I'm thinking I'm going to try going Paleo for a while since it's less strict than Whole 30 and hopefully that will make another round a little easier.

      Delete
  2. I have posted that same lesson plan pic. Love it! Sorry to hear you got lots on your mind. Just listen to your heart and it will lead you in the right direction. Enjoy Spring Break!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your spring break! Mine is the first full week of April - so I've got a bit to go before I make it there! I know what you mean about not having a plan ... I hate it. Good luck with Whole 30 - I don't think I could ever do it - I am a junk food addict! For time efficiency - do you have a planner? I use an Erin Condren Life Planner for all my non-school stuff and I know a lot of other TPT authors and bloggers and grad students do to. It has really helped me get my life together! There are lots of other planners out there too! Plum Paper Planner, Limelife Planner, Inkwell Press planner - those are the 3 I'm contemplating for next year.

    Have an excellent March!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew about the EC planner but not of the other three. Thanks for suggesting them, I'll be doing some planner research in the near future!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with Whole 30! I've read a lot about it, but never actually think I can do it! Right now I'm doing the Shredder Diet (it promises 20 pounds in 4 weeks, so we'll see!). If I make it through these next 4 weeks, then I might be brave enough to try Whole30.
    Spring Break is a chance to do whatever you need to do - I hope you enjoy yourself!
    Stephanie
    Technology Timeout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you haven't read the book (It Starts With Food) you should! It's very interesting and it really helps having all that info in the back of your mind while doing a Whole 30. Hope your diet gives you results! Have a good spring break as well!

      Delete
  5. The W and Taco Bell always get me! I have been doing a no carbs or sugar diet for like six weeks, going well! I don't think I could ever make it on Whole Thirty! So whooooop for going 20 days!

    I am going to order a swim suit for Vegas so I can like tape it to the fridge...bahaha Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just add no legumes, no dairy, no processed foods and no alcohol and you've got yourself a Whole 30 haha! Bahahaha, I'm just going to print the picture of the pool, that's motivation enough for me! :)

      Delete
  6. YAY for spring break! I can't wait to see you and Chip!

    ReplyDelete