Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Pinterest Pick 3 {February}


It's a new month which means it's time for a new Pinterest Pick 3 linky! February may be the shortest month in the year but that doesn't mean it isn't busy! Our class will be celebrating the 100th day of school, Valentine's Day and President's Day (pretty much one right after the other).





I have so many things planned for the 100th day. Some things that I've always done and some new things, like this one. It's a little time consuming (enter parent volunteers) but seems really fun! All you do is number Hershey kisses and hide them around the room (hopefully finding all of them). I'm going to have the kids match the kisses they find to a large hundreds chart. Then we'll have a lesson on fair share to divide them up equally and take them home (because I don't want them around or I'll want to eat them!). 





Next up is Valentine's Day. This is something I've done in the past and it always turns out really cute. The hardest part is getting the kids to understand the point of them standing there with their mouth open while you take their picture, haha! I learned to show them a picture of the project beforehand so they know why they're doing it. 




Then there's President's Day. I just found this *super adorable* pin and am so glad I did! Seriously, how cute is this?! And not hard to make, which are the best kinds of crafts! I would say I can't wait to show you how they turn out but I'll have to blur their pictures and that would take all the fun out of it. So maybe you'll just have to do it in your class too! :)


6 comments:

  1. We shared the same President's Day pin!! I'm so excited to do that with my students! I think they will turn out so cute! Have a great rest of the week!!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done the hershey kisses idea before. The kids love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heart picture is ADORABLE! Such a great idea! I also love how the write reasons why they love their parents. Totally pinning that! Thanks friend!

    Stephanie
    The Learning Chambers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great ideas! The presidents prop is so cute! I bet they love posing for the Valentine's Day project too! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Hershey kiss idea....Thanks for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep meaning to do that 100 kisses idea but I keep forgetting:(
    Maybe I'll do it for the 120th day of school (if I remember).

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete