Sunday, February 1, 2015

Currently {February 2015}

If you can't read a calendar here's some breaking news--it's February! Just four more of these Currently posts and school will be over! Makes summer seem a little bit closer by counting Currently linkys instead of how many days left of school, huh?? Am I right?!


Listening: I'm still in bed with an awful headache and Chip has decided to play with his squeakiest toy in bed too. Oh wait, he's gotten tired of the squeaky toy and moved on to one that doesn't squeak! Yes! My head thanks you Chip.

Loving: I'm taking two grad school classes this semester and am really enjoying one of them. I like the other one too, but this particular class is all about improving America's education system (and I know all of us teachers have strong opinions about America's education system). The professor is super nice and the texts and videos she's having us read and watch are truly inspiring. The class is making me re-evaluate myself as a teacher and how to do the best by my students, no matter what the state government says is the best for them.

I really want to buy this shirt and actually wear it to school.


Thinking: "I hope Megan doesn't think my idea for a blog design is completely and irrationally impossible or weird." I wanted a design that really showed my personality and I'm the worst at putting my thoughts on paper so I hope she doesn't end up hating me (not to mention I changed my mind from the previous design I had talked to her about). If you're needing a new look for your blog go check her out, she's very talented (and one of the nicest people I've met through the blogging world). 


Wanting: I went from living in a house to living in a teeny apartment and I'm starting to loathe it. There's hardly any storage space and about a square foot about counter space in the kitchen. Plus I feel really bad for Chip because he doesn't have a yard to run around in anymore. I'm not sure if I want to buy or rent but I do know I can't handle this cramped space much longer!

I'll take one, please and thank you!


Needing: I always need these, as I'm sure we all do, but especially lately. I'm struggling with balancing school with grad school and the rest of life, like cleaning my aforementioned teeny apartment and getting a good night's sleep. I had planned on going to Vegas this summer but I'll have to use what I had saved for that for Chip's upcoming vet visit (which is totally worth it, don't get me wrong). So yeah, an extra hour or two and a little extra cash would be nice!



Pageant Title: Haha, this is so random! I chose Queen of the Runner Ups because I feel like I'm always the last to know about things, whether it's things in my social circle, at school or what's happening in the world (I never watch the news because it's mostly depressing stuff). I also feel like I work my bum off at school and don't get much recognition for it (another problem I'm sure other teachers have- if not, I need to come work where you work!). Ironically, I actually was a runner up in a real pageant when I was in high school. 

This would probably be me! I walk better in cowboy boots than heels. 

Thanks for reading! Now go read some other Currently posts!









8 comments:

  1. I'll take that house too, so pretty! It is hard sometimes to get across what ideas you have and expect someone else to know what you want it to look like. I like the polka dots and bright colors, but look forward to the new design too!! Happy February!
    Brittany
    Tickled Pink in Primary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy that smaller homes are harder to clean? There just isn't enough space to store everything. That clip from Miss Congeniality is one of my favorites! Have a great week!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is cute, but I'm looking forward to seeing your new design.
    KinderIrick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of my grad classes were awesome! I was very pleased with the education I received. Don't you hate it when you go to a class or workshop and you feel like you have completely wasted your time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your design! Megan is THE best!!! That shirt is amazing. I'd love to wear it on my school's Data Day as a reminder for myself and others. Also, I completely love your idea of counting down Currentlys instead of days- I need that and this year to be over!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your new blog design!! Good luck with Grad school too. It is hard to try and balance it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Queen of Runner up had me laughing out loud. I know how that feels! Megan is so talented and kind- Don't worry. I too struggled with communicating my ideas for my new design, so much so that I signed up for a web design course online so that I will never have to go through that stress again! lol :) Happy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my I love your pageant title! Miss Congeniality happens to be one of my favorite movies and I just love that scene! I can't wait to see your new blog design. I'm such a fan of A Bird in Hand Designs and I'm hoping that once I get the hang of blogging a little more I can use her for a blog design! Can't wait for the reveal!

    Jayme
    Teach Talk Inspire

    ReplyDelete