Monday, December 1, 2014

December {Currently}

Wasn't it just November? September? 2012?? I feel as I get older time starts going by faster. I'm going to go the positive route and tell myself, "I'm not just getting older, I'm getting WISER!" Haha :)

Life's been sorta uneventful lately, but here's what I'm *currently* up to!


Listening:
If you don't have Michael Buble's Christmas CD, go buy it/download it NOW! It's sooo good! One of my favorite Christmas CDs. Yup, you read that right. I own it on CD. Remember what I said above?? About getting older? The fact that I still listen to CDs makes me feel a tad old...



Loving:
I'm slowly but surely getting my apartment decorated just the way I want it. It's in the rustic/country/shabby chic style. But of course since I'm a teacher I can't just take a picture I found on Pinterest and go buy it ALL at once. So a throw pillow here, wall plaque here and it's getting there. Here's the style I'm going for. 



Thinking:
Grad school has been on my mind a lot lately but I'm not sure what exactly I would want to do once I get my Master's...been thinking along the lines of campus math coach or district math strategist. Or stay in the classroom??? Ahhh, I don't know!!

Wanting:
I'm going to my third blogger meetup in Houston on Saturday and I CAN'T WAIT! I'm so excited to meet more new friends and see those I've met at previous meetups again! Plus, we're having Secret Santa exchange! I've got my present for my recipient all ready to go and I must say, it's PERFECT for her! I hope she likes it and gets the humor from it as much as I do!

Needing:
I just finished labeling all the envelopes for the gingerbread exchange my class is participating in (hosted by Pawsitively Teaching). Just have to mail them all tomorrow. Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute!

Giving:
Random Acts of (Christmas) Kindess! I remember the first time the person in front of me in the Starbucks drive-thru paid for my drink. It was such a nice feeling. So of course I paid it forward and paid for the person behind me. And that was an even BETTER feeling! So I'm going to start RACKing (that is probably not even CLOSE to being grammatically correct and may even sound a little inappropriate but oh well) my co-workers this week! Here's an easy list if you'd like to participate in RACK too.



I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas this year! 

14 days until break!!

Don't forget to go link up with Farley!




4 comments:

  1. I need some good Christmas tunes to play throughout the house!! And I love the inspiration pic you have for decorating! Isn't it so hard on a teacher's salary?!? I always want to have rooms in my house done and done asap! Good luck on your decorating finds!

    Erin
    Creating & Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Destiny! I am doing the gingerbread man exchange too! I mailed mine out on Friday. It is so much fine getting everyone's letters and adorable gingerbread men in the mail! By the way....I love your blog design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have SOOO much fun at the blogger meet up :) LOVE the style your going for too! Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the inspiration picture! Good luck with the decorating.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete