Thursday, October 30, 2014

An award for my blog!?! Eeek!!



I am beyond thrilled and honored that Katie from The Pawsitive Pencil nominated me for the Liebster Award! I literally yelped "I got an award!!" when I found out. Do you get a shiny, bright gold trophy? No, but that's not the point. I love the Liebster Award because you receive it from one of your peers who is on this crazy blog journey right along with you. Thank you, thank you, thank you Katie! Go check out her adorbs blog, follow her TpT store, on Bloglovin'...all that good stuff!


This award goes to bloggers with less than 200 followers. I'll tell you a little about me then nominate 11 more awesome, new(ish) bloggers!


I started my blog this past April. It had been in the back of my mind for about a year and I kept telling myself "soon, soon" but never actually did. One day I finally found myself on Blogger and here I am! I wanted to start a blog for a few reasons; as a diary of my teaching career, to share my own ideas and how I implement ideas I get from other bloggers in my classroom. 


Well, right now some words that would describe my blog would be "new," "bare," "not much to it yet." Haha! I'm working on changing that!


I always set very high expectations for myself. When I started blogging and creating for TpT I wanted my posts and products to be the kind teachers read and bought, respectively, left and right! Then I read a post by one of the major TpT sellers (I can't remember exactly which one) about how she sat down one day and looked at her earliest products. She explained they were FAR from perfect. This is a learning process for everyone and now I keep telling myself "This post/product may not generate millions of dollars but if it helps one teacher or student then I've succeeded."


I'm a sports nut! I love my Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers and San Antonio Spurs! I love playing with my cutie patootie pooch, Chip. He's my BFF (best fur friend). I'm also becoming (in my mind) a professional interior designer/house flipper through endless hours of HGTV. And blog-stalking, of course! ;-) 


Not very many right now, to be quite honest. I've spent the most hours on it this week since school started. My goal is to write at least one non-linky blog post per week, then build up from there (learning process people!). :) 


My favorite blog posts are those where teachers share instructional, management and organizational tips. I love to read what activities bloggers have done in their classroom, seeing all the cute pictures and linkies but I also entered the blogging world to grow as an educator; those post types mentioned above are extremely helpful for that. 


My blogger buddies, Instagram friends, my classroom, random thoughts for linkies....lots of places!


I'm proud of my first post because I had mustered up the courage to actually DO this blog thing! You can read it here. I'm also proud of my post of how I manage and my students track some of our data. It was my first non-linky, original post (of which I hope are more to come soon). You can read it here


Um, tons. I have a blog planner (this awesome one from Ashley at Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd) that is full of blog post and TpT ideas. Now I just need a time machine that will FREEZE time so I can find the time to write them! ;)


The networking! I've met so many awesome people and made so many new friends through my blog and IG account. You can never have too big of a support system in this crazy career. 


The burlap banner from your Monday Made It post! Like most teachers, I'm obsessed with Pinterest and have boards full of things I want to make; this one seems like it wouldn't be a #fail haha! And it's super cute!


Now the fun part! I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award (I'm so sorry if you've already been nominated, I tried to check all your blogs but that was late last night and I might have missed it...). I've gotten the opportunity to actually MEET the first four of these bloggers and they are as awesome in person as on the internet, lol! Hopefully I'll get to meet the rest of them in the future! 













Now that you've been nominated, here are the official rules for accepting:

1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and shout out.
2. Answer the 11 questions.
3. Nominate 11 blogs of your choice that have less than 200 followers. 
4. Let your nominees know that you nominated them and provide them with a link to your post so they can accept. 
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment