Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Meet the Teacher Linky Party!

I'm writing this post from my bed because y'all, the 14 hour work days have begun! And this is the EASY part. The setting up of classrooms, getting acquainted with new co-workers, learning the in's and out's of a new school/district...that's all easy-peasy compared to what August 25th will bring! So needless to say, I'm in need of a party! A linky party that is! I love this one that cutie pie Stephanie over at Falling Into First started. I can't wait to read more of the posts so I can learn more about some of my fantastic blogger buddies! I'll be link #210 so that may take a while. ;-)


So howdy friends! I'm Destiny and this will be my 4th year teaching. I've taught Kinder 2 years and 1st for one. I just recently moved to Austin and am super-duper-duper excited about this school year! I'm a new-ish blogger and TpT creator (I've only been blogging about 3 months). 

I come from a small family (only child) and am not married but I have THE CUTEST PUP that keeps me company. He makes me smile when I'm sad and is the best cuddler. 




THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...
Coffee. Larabars. My dog. Netflix. BBQ. The lake. Texas. Austin. Crafting. Insanity & Shaun T. (that's more of a love/hate kinda thing). HEB. Reading. Dallas Cowboys (football in general really). Road trips. Sunshine. Shopping. Cupcakes. Bubble baths. 

IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
I actually got my B.S. in Fashion Merchandising so I would probably be doing something in that area. I always wanted to be an event/wedding planner too!

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Goofy. Sensitive. Picky. 

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "_____, SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"
"I just have too much space and storage in this room!"...Weeelllll, actually I MAY have said that once today while I was setting up. Our new school is seriously a teacher's dream and my room is my dream room. But I really do have a TON of space, so much so that I feel like I need a megaphone to communicate with my teammates when they pop their head in the door and I'm in the opposite corner! And the storage, oh the storage! My stuff doesn't even begin to fill half of it! Guess that gives me an excuse to go buy more stuff to fill it with right? RIGHT?? :)

IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?
George Strait. Enough said here. 

IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?
Though She Be But Little She Is Fierce (would that be plagiarism to take a line from Shakespeare??)

YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
Mind-reading. Not all the time. Just when I'm totally clueless about what someone is thinking. 

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?
Everything happens for a reason. 

IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Katy Perry- Birthday!! Oh. My. Goodness. I. Just. Love. Katy. Perry. May or may not have dance parties in the living room when she comes on Pandora. By myself. :)

ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?
Me? A morning person? Ha!...Me? A night owl? Ha!...LOL I'm an in-betweener. I don't like getting up super early but I'm my most productive in the AM. And I'm such a grandma that even on nights out I'm usually ready for bed by midnight, if not sooner! 

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?
I have a grand total of 6 products in my store because I just got started. My favorite thing would be my number posters though!


SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU!
I used to have burping contests in college with one of my best friends. We would buy Barq's root beer (and ONLY Barq's!) and just belch away. I always lost though because she burps like a man. Better than a man actually! Not very lady-like huh? We didn't care though and still don't! #sorrynotsorry

OK now it's YOUR turn! Hop on over to Falling Into First and tell us about yourself. Just click the button. 




10 comments:

  1. Well, after your comments about over-abundant storage, we are no longer on speaking terms! ;) Lucky you! My new room is a tiny, humid box with no sink, no bathroom, no storage, no drawers, no cabinets and two little windows. I made some progress today and am feeling a little better about it, but the whole no drawers thing is really throwing me for a loop! I've had large drawers for poems and chart paper and things for 8 years! Ahh!!

    p.s. I love BBQ, HEB, cupcakes, reading, road trips, Austin and Netflix too!!!! Throw in some Blue Bell and Tex Mex and I'm set!!

    Katie :)
    KTP: Keep Teaching and Planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's any consolation I don't have any large drawers for posters either! :) Maybe our next blogger meetup should be at Franklin's then move to Hey, Cupcake for dessert, haha! I could eat my body weight in fajitas too.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog!!! Good luck at your new school! I am also starting at a new school. It's fun and scary at the same time. I am also new to the blogging and TPT world! I can't wait to read more on your blog.

    -Katie (your newest follower!)
    http://thepawsitivepencil.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Thanks for commenting, I will check your blog out right now! I'm super excited about opening a new school but what's really making me nervous is that there are still construction people running around and things seem to be a little chaotic in the office. So I've just been hiding in my room setting up haha. Good luck to you too and with TpT!

      Delete
  3. Destiny,

    I loved reading your post! I am a new blogger/TpT creator/maker/producer? too and love meeting others who are just starting the journey as well. Although...I am seriously jealous about your huge new room! Will you be sharing pictures?

    Lauren
    http://laurenpat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another newbie! I'll admit I feel so un-creative compared so some TpTers? but I'm trying! I really am blessed with my room and team this year. I will have a room reveal post soon!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad to have found your spunky blog! Your fur baby is precious! Just precious! Yay for getting some new followers :)
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short and Sassy! Haha, I love it- sounds very spunky too! Thank you about Chip, he is spoiled rotten, hardly ever gets in trouble because of that face. Thanks for following, I'll return the favor. :)

      Delete
  5. Haha We have SO much in common! I loved reading your post! :)

    Tasha Emmerson
    Confessions of a Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Football fanatics, like to take silly pictures, bouncing around schools, wannabe party planners, health conscious, bare TpT stores---yup, kinda freaky! Haha, loved reading yours too!

      Delete