Thursday, July 17, 2014

2014-2015 Goals

I found this super cute linky through Confessions of a Tiny Teacher on my Bloglovin' feed (what would we do without Bloglovin'??). We're linking up with I {heart} Recess. Click her button to read her post and add your goals.

http://iheartrecess.blogspot.com/2014/07/back-to-school-goalsreflect-set-new.html
 
Here are my goals for 2014-2015.


 
Personal: Last year I got in the {bad} habit of not eating lunch. Or practically anything all day long at school, with maybe the exception of a handful of animal crackers during snack time (I know I'm not the only one guilty of this right?!) This summer I started the Insanity program and trying to live a healthier lifestyle- not eating lunch is definitely NOT healthy. Any suggestions on nutritious but easy lunch options are welcome!
 
Organization: I have TONS of centers-- different themes/holidays/special days for all different topics/subjects/skills. My problem right now is HOW I should organize them...by theme/holiday/special day or by topic/subject/skill? Also, WHAT should I organize them in...sterilite containers/file cabinet/3 ring binders? It's too much for me to handle!
 
Planning: This year I'll be at a new district & school (woohoo!) so I have NO clue how they plan. Basically it'll be my first year all over again as far as planning goes, so just keeping my head above water is my ultimate goal.
 
Professional: I don't want an actual master's degree but I've been considering getting an additional certification. Something in a literacy area. Master Reading Teacher perhaps? Know of any good programs anyone (online or in Austin)?
 
Students: Research says (I hate that phrase but in this case I agree) that when students have more input in what and how they are learning they are more sucessful. And isn't that what we all want? I plan on letting my kids direct more of my lessons, with me having more of a facilitator role. Since I teach Kinder it may take a while for them to get accustomed to this ("Today we're going to talk about the sun." "Oh, I know the sun is REALLY HOT, sorta like that time when the sand was really hot on my feet when I went to the beach and built a sandcastle and saw a dolphin..." Fellow Kinder teachers you know how this goes.)
 
Motto: If you've read ANY of the posts about Vegas you've probably come across this quote from Deanna during the TpT conference. I think it's pretty self-explanatory. Love it and her.
 
What are YOUR goals??


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You are so not alone on the eating thing! Although I have to admit I'm worse at drinking water throughout the day (if you can imagine)! I have found that the best way to ensure I eat during the day is to make extras for dinner so I have easy left overs! Good luck! #teacherproblems am I right!? :-/

    Tasha Emmerson
    Confessions of a Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't drink enough water either! Leftovers sound the easiest, which is what I like! Do you have any ideas on what you're going to do to make sure you drink more water? #teacherproblems1and2outof349218 lol :)

      Delete