Saturday, June 28, 2014

My First Fix...Eh...

I got my first Stitch Fix delivery a few days ago. I was so excited about it y'all! I've heard so many great things about it and couldn't wait to see what my stylist sent me.

Here's what was in my fix.

#1- Navy striped dress
 I actually liked this piece. It was comfy and really soft. It was just a little too big though.

#2- Crochet tank
This was really cute too. I would've preferred a different color though. And the price was a little too much for me, even with the $20 styling fee credit. 

#3- Chevron maxi skirt
This was my favorite piece of my fix but when I sent this picture to a friend she said she'd seen it at Kohl's...for a cheaper price than the Stitch Fix price. I don't know about ya'll, but if I'm going to spend a good chunk of my measly teacher salary on a skirt I don't want it to be on an overpriced one that I could get at Kohl's.

#4- Navy blouse
 This was my least favorite piece. It didn't really have any shape at all when I put it on. The lace on the back hem was a cute detail but I felt sort of old-lady in this shirt.

#5- Earrings
These are cute in the box but my hair is really long and thick so I prefer a more substantial earring that doesn't get lost/tangled in it.  

I didn't want to lose my $20 styling fee but I couldn't justify keeping any of these pieces. I've learned through the years not to buy something if it's just "ok"- I have to LOVE it. I adjusted my Stitch Fix profile so hopefully the next delivery will be more successful! 

What has your experience with Stitch Fix been like so far? 

If you haven't tried Stitch Fix, just click on the logo. Even though I didn't keep anything this time I'm sure I will in the future!

http://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3732488



 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear!

    That totally stinks about the Fix and part of the reason why I haven't joined yet. One, I'm super picky. Two, things are just a little pricey for me! I'm fine with splurging on something fantastic, but that takes a lot. The striped dress is my favorite! Too bad it's too big (I'm assuming you can't request a smaller size?). Better luck next time!

    -Molly
    KinderMolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post just made me go schedule my Fix. July 26th!

      Delete