Friday, May 23, 2014

Hello blogging world!

Howdy everyone!

This blog is a project that has been a long time coming. There are so many blogs out there that I just *adore*...Mrs. Plant at Mrs. Plant's Press, Mrs. Carroll at The First Grade Parade and Mrs. Larremore at Chalk Talk (who actually works in my district and mentored me my first year!). I kept saying to myself, "These women are so successful and so creative, I want to follow in their footsteps." But I just never made myself find the time to actually follow through with my oh so grandiose goals.

Well, I sat down and gave myself a "life's too short to not go after what you want" talk, got a cute blog (more about that later) and here I am! Besides, what kind of a teacher would I be if I tell my kiddos they can do anything they want yet not do that exact thing myself??

So a little about little 'ole me. I'm actually an alternatively certified teacher. After I graduated from SFA (Go Lumberjacks!) I just couldn't find a job that truly satisfied me and was sort of just going through the motions. My best friend's husband was about to start a tour in Iraq and she asked me to move in with her while he was there to keep her company. She's a teacher too (an awesome one at that!) and helped me land a job as a para at her school. As a Christian I believe that the man upstairs knows what He's doing; was He ever so right this time. I immediately fell in love with educating kids. Now I'm about to finish my third year teaching and would not, could not ever do anything else!!

I'm not married but I do have one child. He has 4 paws, a tail that he loves to chase and the cutest little face ever! His name is Chip and I'm proud to admit I spoil him like crazy!
Just look at this face!

I want to give a shout out to Alicia at Dream Like Magic for helping this not-very-technology-savvy gal install this cute, cute blog template. Check her out!

So that's me in a nutshell! I can't wait to start sharing ideas with you on here and making lots of new friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment